Next Page: 25
A celebration of art, ideas, culture, and more this October!
From classy to edgy, check out how you can turn this age-old embellishment into this season’s most loved accessory!
I recently removed the last piece of front-end functionality that relied on a table, and am certain that that table and its data is no longer needed for the application to function. We'll have more similar tables in this situation in the near ...
I have check one production 12 DB environment. On this environment, there is not alert_<SID>.log files. Is the alert log file should there or missing?? if missing can we re-generate ??, So, it is difficult to monitoring the DC-Dr sync alerts and othe...
We are writing several queries in a pro*c program that only differ inside of our where clause. We are comparing a column to a parameter that is passed in. I've read that having this column passed in as a host variable is a hard no but I feel that the...
For the past 12 years, Jeff Dunham and his somewhat-inappropriate-proteges, Peanut, Walter, José Jalapeño, Bubba J. and Achmed the Dead Terrorist, have filled arenas across the U.S. and the world with their multiple, blockbuster tours. This fall, Dunham and his cohorts will set out on their brand-new international tour, "Jeff Dunham: Seriously!?" Dunham and his guys will visit KeyBank Center in Buffalo at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 22.
Companies invited to put teamwork skills to the test at 3rd annual Canstruction Competition to benefit FeedMore WNYCache
This December, Western New York companies and organizations will compete amongst each other to build structures made entirely out of canned goods to benefit the Food Bank program of FeedMore WNY. The building of structures for the third annual Canstruction Competition is scheduled to take place Dec. 13-15 at the 2019 Fairgrounds Festival of Lights.
When you're a band with as much success as Switchfoot, it can be difficult to cram everything - in this case, 22 years, 11 albums and a string of hits - into one succinct concert. Two hours isn't nearly enough time to deep-dive into such a catalog of music and memories.
The play "Night of the Living Dead" by Lori Allen Ohm will be presented at the Ghostlight Theatre, 170 Schenck St., North Tonawanda, at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24. Performances continue at 8 p.m. Oct. 25-26, and at 2 p.m. Oct. 27. Tickets are $18 and can be purchased online at www.starrynighttheatre.com or by calling the theater at 716-743-1614.
Niagara University leaped 11 spots on U.S. News & World Report's annual survey of "America's Best Colleges." Niagara secured the No. 32 position in "Best Regional Universities - North." This position is a dramatic climb from No. 70, which was the university's standing in 2013.
Award-winning trio Selah will release their new album, "Firm Foundation," on Nov. 1 with Integrity Music. This will mark the first release with the new label partnership. The debut song, "Jesus Is King," from the forthcoming album, along with the pre-order, is available today here.
Age slowly and silently creeps up on all of us until we start looking and feeling older, but by then, it may be too late...or is it?
Ron Johnson became Wisconsin's Senator because he didn't understand the Affordable Care Act, and hated a program offering more people access to affordable health insurance. He even said...
2. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
3. Mike Pence, underscored the point with a clip from Patton, showing the general rallying his troops for war against their Nazi enemy: “We’re going to kick the hell out of him all the time! We’re going to go through him like crap through a goose!”
4. Even though the economy was in free fall, not one House Republican had voted for the effort to revive it, prompting a wave of punditry about a failed party refusing to help clean up its own mess and dooming itself to irrelevance.
5. Have we forgotten that right when President Obama took office in 2009, the Republican leadership in Congress planned a no-honeymoon strategy of all-out resistance to Obama, even though the country was in an economic meltdown? Then-Sen. George Voinovich (R-Ohio) said that “if [Obama] was for it, we had to be against it.”
Johnson: "I have never in my lifetime seen a president after being elected, not having some measure of well wishes from his opponents; I've never seen a president, administration, be sabotaged from the day after the election; I've never seen no measure of a honeymoon what-so-ever."Johnson, chairman of the Senate's Homeland Security committee, rambled from one conspiracy theory to another (just like every Trump cultist), and admitted he doesn't trust the CIA or the FBI.
Johnson: "No, I don't — absolutely not. No, and I didn't trust them back then."
So, Nothing like this ever happened under Obama? Trump Investigations plays into GOP Victim-Hood: Here's just a quick reminder below. Note: Remember Trump's own attempts to seek out Obama's birth certificate to prove he was not a U.S. citizen and a secret Muslin:
MSNBC: Republicans made aggressive use of their investigative powers ... matters involving Hillary Clinton, her use of email as secretary of state, her conduct of foreign policy and the Clinton Foundation ... House Republicans unleashed a barrage of subpoenas ... a half dozen GOP-led House committees conducted protracted investigations of the 2012 attacks on U.S. diplomats in Benghazi, Libya ... investigations of the 2009-2011 Operation Fast and Furious episode – a botched initiative against drug cartels that ended up putting guns in the hands of murderers ... investigations into the IRS's treatment of conservatives, and his administration’s loan guarantee to the failed solar-panel startup, Solyndra. And much more.
UPDATE 10/7: I think farmers have had enough, maybe, I hope anyway...
"Are they struggling? Absolutely. But I think at the end of the day we need to get behind them rather than saying, ah maybe you should go larger. I, frankly, resent that the Department of Agriculture secretary from the federal government came in and kind of lambasted them."
But don't take Evers word for it, here's a comment made at the Minnesota Farmfest about CAFO's. Note: Why were visa's for dairy labor ever determined to be seasonal and not year around?:
Trump Piled on First: Remember this...
Wisconsin dairy farmers are still feeling the sting of Trump's visit to Milwaukee in July, where the president downplayed the suffocation felt by farmers here because of Trump's own tariffs.Farmer Response...:Trump: "Some of the farmers are doing well. ... We're over the hump. We're doing really well."
"If he's saying farmers are over the hump, he would be badly mistaken," said Darin Von Ruden, a third generation dairy farmer. "In order to get over the hump we need to stop losing dairy farms."From PBS's Market to Market: Trump's says farmers are happy...
Farmers are slamming Trump's $28 billion farm bailout — more than double Obama's 2009 payment to automakers — as a 'Band-Aid'.Perdue editorial doesn't repair Damage: Nope, his word salad backtrack to obscure how he really feels, is a little late. In fact, Perdue reminds farmers how this whole problem was really Trump creation:
Purdue: "President Donald Trump has made it his mission to support American agriculture and negotiate better trade deals so our productive farmers can sell their bounty around the globe."And don't forget how Scott Walker pushed oversupply in the dairy industry.
Here's what one farmer, "a great patriot," really thinks about Trump:
In Gays Mills, WI, over production and large dairy farms are locking many out of getting into farming. From WPT's Portraits from Rural Wisconsin:
2. Brittany Olson left her Barron County farm at 2am to make the trip to Expo and hear Perdue speak. “To go through the effort to see the USDA secretary, only for him to say that small farms like ours likely have no future made me feel like little more than a peasant in a system of modern-day feudalism,” Olson said.
3. “To me, it really drew a line in the sand on just where this administration stands,” said Chippewa County dairy farmer George Polzin.
Darin Von Ruden, president of the Wisconsin Farmers Union and a third-generation dairy farmer who runs a 50-cow organic farm (said) getting bigger at the expense of smaller operations like his is “not a good way to go. Do we want one corporation owning all the food in our country?”
Monday October 7
TLC’s All-American Muslim is a reality show depicting five Lebanese-American families in Dearborn, MI. I haven’t seen it, but this review from Entertainment Weekly’s Ken Tucker sure makes it sound harmless: These “characters” are all reasonably appealing, either charming or entertainingly irritating in the tradition of reality TV, though the show is edited at a snail’s […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In response to the Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO) recently released final estimated budget deficit for FY 2019, which shows the deficit reaching $984 billion, Jason Pye, FreedomWorks Vice President of Legislative Affairs, commented:
“Democrats and Republicans must be held responsible for the outrageous deficit reported today by the CBO. Fiscal sanity has all but escaped Washington, as evidenced by this year’s cap-busting budget deal. This unsustainable situation is only going to get worse.
“In spite of record revenues, the deficit has grown to a nearly insurmountable figure under Congress’ watch — or more accurately, its lack thereof. If the federal government is to one day get its fiscal house in order, Congress needs to take a hard look at cutting spending, which means considering real reforms to mandatory spending programs, the primary drivers of the deficit.”
Welcome to FreedomWorks Foundation’s nineteenth regulatory review of 2019! Our Regulatory Action Center proudly updates you with our favorite tidbits from the swamp. We want to smash barriers between bureaucracy and the American people by delivering regulatory news straight to FreedomWorks activists. Check back in two weeks for the next edition.
1) Video of the Week: Unsurprisingly, the United States is not the first country to experience ballooning budgets and astronomical deficits. In the mid-1990’s, Canada’s debt grew to as high as 70% of GDP, similar to our current debt situation. In this weeks video, John Stossell sits down with Canadian economist David Henderson to discuss how Canada managed to tackle their debt problem by cutting government spending and reducing waste.
2) Why Is the CDC Still Fostering Potentially Deadly Confusion About Vaping and Lung Disease?: “Media outlets, following the lead of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), continue to blame recent cases of severe respiratory illnesses among vapers on "vaping" and "e-cigarettes" in general, falsely implying a link to legal nicotine products. This misinformation is fostering public confusion that may lead to more disease and death, both from smoking and from the black-market products that have been implicated in the lung disease cases.” https://God.blue/splash.php?url=6SjRqTy_PLUS_q4i_SLASH_BaLvDwjU5LYo5hqrTAPcncS6Z59cBI17GhxDWSlV9y4fMu11LQhMloD6303T1DZvI3OYjOrfYH1lj3e6UQEvvI474Wrf_SLASH_C7Guhl29I18OwdxNIVkUTwqaD30e1TYCL3Dm4lRVWFAUlqQcn9wGumGUhZGLOqwoaCpfWxPrtJGKJtnLjMdeimLFpyR94ExQPSqZ2almk_SLASH_T3y2VCHn38d08nSo60JLkc9I_EQUALS_
3) FBI using Facebook ads to gather Russian intelligence: report: “The FBI is reportedly using Facebook ads to gather intelligence on Russia, specifically targeting those who may be or know Russian spies. The FBI is running ads in the Washington, D.C., area, CNN reported on Wednesday, that direct to the FBI field office's website that describes its counterintelligence team and encourages visitors to meet "in person." https://God.blue/splash.php?url=j7zEgIf48m_PLUS__SLASH_gwf7m6GXZCB_PLUS_zfuMK80WmRE3B1rPaEC6d4O7jt5IQc_PLUS_JpSg88HkED_PLUS_09hQRBld5_SLASH_7VmSpd5NjCLwZjoXQ_PLUS_wjLPNPH5H8xDzLinl4AtkKgWJNZ8_SLASH_krJVasYnF4BClRl_SLASH_Gcw8UB9Pjl5wJdIQdxCr2yxQYZFsN0BsZqn_SLASH_EloKYy8ytUBhGpQAU2ayy_PLUS_STPcFmYjUYNx6b9QZXNFD0qVT60ZQT9pAwjRio_EQUALS_
4) Federal Court Upholds FCC Decision to Roll Back Obama-Era Net Neutrality Rules: “Today, by a 2-1 vote, the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit sided largely with the FCC, upholding the primary regulatory rollback as a valid exercise of its authority. In the nearly 200 page opinion, which is heavy on technical detail, the court wrote that while the challengers raised "numerous objections" aiming to show that the FCC's reclassification is "unreasonable," the judges found them "unconvincing." https://God.blue/splash.php?url=T7p9JhSK89l8PuIo_SLASH_lPviBEtdOonpNCvldFIOKRRdcVIgKn0pAJdle4iwaOpUYT0w9adTCK2f2fMoWoVAsNj1d3dDsyrwL9MfBlBBbLReddGf5G09sNzt1m0O6Ry9tx5ZaMHGb54EUWRAYz0jKR1sO1NEjmwRoQ5EDKLXLkhe1_SLASH_yEuKCbt29lYv_PLUS_B1HQTsXj_SLASH_V7tr1XtmjyuSNtOJGF5Kw_EQUALS__EQUALS_
5) Trump to issue executive order ‘protecting’ Americans from ‘Medicare for All’ campaign proposals pushed by Democrats: “The executive order, which he is scheduled to discuss at a speech in Florida later Thursday, is intended to bolster Medicare Advantage, private Medicare insurance for seniors that currently covers 22 million people, senior administration officials said on a call with reporters. The plan would also offer more affordable plan options, increase use of telehealth services and bring payments in Medicare fee-for-service program in line with payments for Medicare Advantage, officials said.” https://God.blue/splash.php?url=KvOKc9VnGoKHGhGBXJozIs_PLUS_3yZDywkC84rUI5_SLASH_fwidkGi2Ao0wDBCkOGXZ71MbipVJP7hTF7YXBUSFguy5tQygfCMBAWOwtkFvSlotto_SLASH_CTWsmfItLUtruCeN_PLUS_wujs_PLUS_xdS2VzamlQMOzzbrxXQC2pBqFkOc4xRQ_SLASH_rPoTs5nUEF2k33kgbbGovp3pC3mzUtU2jFEcr7brfNzruiom_PLUS_ym5MA_EQUALS__EQUALS_
6) Treasury to create tool to help people redeem billions in unclaimed savings bonds: “Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) on Wednesday said that the Treasury Department will create an online tool to help people redeem billions of dollars in savings bonds. About $26 billion in matured savings bonds are in the U.S. Treasury and have yet to be redeemed. Using the department's forthcoming tool, people will be able to verify against Treasury Department records if they have any savings bonds dated after 1974 that can be redeemed, Kennedy's office said in a news release.” https://God.blue/splash.php?url=S0B6BzsjlxtzWhso6hiq0VqFcmNQLOXpQx87EkIpy_PLUS_JWcASWGXPcp8t2s74Vfs_SLASH_hIyqbT00JaTKgOcnG6jPqNTcK1BLORgTriv0hKjO4MnXMgEJpaul73KU5UkyWofVdjbzGabaC7UYsqjZOLbwAplro9HslHGieqz8h3Kw1BS9o3ewxmiUaJR0W8HDZfJMOKQ6koRhwmuPCOoUoZcmNFCNcevO5DeiqUNz25L01c9E_EQUALS_
7) Trump takes heat from right over vaping crackdown: “The Trump administration is under fire from conservative groups and some GOP lawmakers, who are pushing back over its planned crackdown on e-cigarette flavors. They say the administration is overreaching, and the flavor ban will harm small businesses, a violation of core Republican free market principles.” https://God.blue/splash.php?url=VEXxhxcWUKujH_SLASH_3Pu9JHkZgBFHqxPe_SLASH_AHWOkeVTdpEohwEG0yR_SLASH_G2Fz0l8iJqClKBg2EIZZKag8M4oAWlrpJmlS3LPNAjr_PLUS_oO_SLASH_LHZspYiSVHq5I7W5tFiAcAfkPGOTgIF5rv0OpssWFV5cD0Kgyo1khgSFM0it3eyXYwXorUTw6bxybn5uqtGSgkGRTM7OaD
Nintendo America has announced this afternoon via their official YouTube channel that the critically-acclaimed visual novel Eliza will be coming to Nintendo Switch this Thursday, 10th October. Here’s what you need to know about the well received game along with the announcement video. After abandoning her high-powered tech career and a mysterious three-year absence, Evelyn […]
Nintendo has had to inform fans this morning that the Nintendo Live 2019 event which is held at the Kyoto International Conference Centre could be canceled due to Super Typhoon Hagibis. The event is scheduled for 13th October until 14th October, but depending on the course of the Typhoon, the event could be canceled due to […]
The latest UK software charts are now with us and there has been a couple of new entries this week. Those are Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and Ghostbusters: Remastered which entered the charts at No.2 and No.6 respectively. Sadly the immensely fun The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening has slipped to 5th this week, […]
Nintendo has announced today on Twitter that a brand new tour is coming to Mario Kart Tour and it’s titled the Tokyo Tour. It will become available at 11pm on the 8th October. The update will give you new courses along with new characters. This should come as good news to those of you who’ve […]
As I’m sure you’ve been aware if you’ve been on social media this weekend, the previously reported 24-hour Pokemon Sword & Shield livestream has been happening. While many amusing memes and images circulated the web, we caught a glimpse of the Galarian Ponyta. The Galarian form looks rather nice and two Ponytas were caught playing, which […]
The latest issue of respected UK video game magazine EDGE has arrived with subscribers and this month’s issue has a whopping 15 reviews. They’ve certainly been busy over there! Notable reviews include Daemon X Machina which only scored a 5/10 and Untitled Goose Game, which received an impressive 8/10. Check out all the EDGE scores […]